Health Update II

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

It appears the most serious of my health issues have been resolved.

On June 4th, surgeons removed the plate and six screws that had been installed in my left foot and on June 24th, surgeons removed the wonky, overachieving parathyroid gland.

Three surgeries in almost exactly three months was more than enough and everything appears to be healing appropriately.
Thank goodness the parathyroid gland was removed in a "minimally" invasive procedure yet it took almost three hours in which to do it.

Another thing I struggled with, besides my health, was the fact that I was a brand new employee and the last thing I wanted ~ or needed ~ was to take a 5 + month medical leave.

Although I was reassured every step of the way that the practice wanted me back, I was still slightly fearful that that wouldn't happen. Today my fears were put completely to rest when I was told the doctors wanted me back in no uncertain terms.

0 opinions:

 
The Compassionate
Medical Assistant
- by Templates para novo blogger